Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Day of 2nd Grade



Cameron started 2nd grade on August 26th. The evening before, we suggested that he have a father's blessing, as is our tradition before the first day of school. Cameron assured us that he wasn't nervous but said he'd like the blessing anyway.

Grandma Tisa & Grandpa Dave came over to our house the following morning so they could sit with Gavin and Owen and I could take Cam to school alone. He posed for pictures and said he was ready to leave. He still wasn't nervous, he said. However, as we approached the school and he saw all the other kids with their moms, he said, "I'm a little nervous now. Will you walk with me to the playground?" I was happy to be needed. It only took him a couple of minutes to feel calm again. His teacher is great, he already has some new friends, and he was so happy to be with his old friends again. But 2nd grade has a lot more homework than 1st did!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Cameron looks like an awesome 2nd grader! It's OK that he was a little nervous and I'm sure he got over it in a hurry. He's a smart little boy and we sure love him! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!

Gma Tisa said...

Cam is the most handsome 2nd Grader I have ever seen! And I am not prejudice in the least. Have fun in Idaho little family of mine!!!