Thursday, July 8, 2010

28 Weeks and Counting

We have been busy having a lot of fun. If you haven't already noticed, I just added a few backdated posts below this one so if you want to know what we think is "fun", scroll down and see what we've been up to.

I am now 28 weeks along in this lovely pregnancy of the twins. I still feel quite awesome. Other than extreme tiredness, my limbs occasionally falling asleep and little trouble sleeping due to aching hips, life is pretty good. I am measuring at 44 centimeters!!! We have verified and re-verified that one of these babies is in fact a girl and they are both growing well. At the last ultrasound, their measurements put them at the 70th and 72nd percentiles. They are still measuring 7-10 days ahead of schedule so we're planning on a September delivery, probably right around Labor day, if things continue on this path.

To keep cool lately, we've been spending time at the pool. I recently let each of the boys choose a water toy from Wal-mart. It was the best $6 I ever spent as each child now has their independence to move about as they feel. Cam chose a noodle, Gavin chose a Turtle-shaped floating tube, Owen chose one shaped like a monkey. After we blew them up the first day Owen turned to Gavin and said, "I will call mine Monk and your's Turd." I couldn't help but laugh. (Gavin is trying to teach himself to swim so there aren't any pics of Turd, unfortunately.)








4 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Ah I love summer! Glad the boys are having fun in the pool :) And also glad things are going well with the twins! I feel ya on that hip pain, although you win since 2 are kicking you and only one is kicking me.

Jane said...

The pool looks like a lot of fun. I love all the pictures, but I think the one with Callie and Monk has got to be the winner!

Amelia said...

Awesome! You guys look like you are doing great!
Johnny just asked who that was... I told him Owen, and he goes "oh, Owen is my friend." :)
We are coming to Utah in a couple weeks, I'll have Beave call Spencer and see if we can make plans with you guys!

Diehl Family said...

Don't you just love being in the water and feeling weightless. I think that is the best way to relax when your pregnant.