Friday, September 3, 2010

Let's Take it Easy this Fall!

Because we knew the Twins would be born sometime in September, I decided we should take it easy this fall...meaning no extracurricular activities. Spencer had other ideas. Early in the summer some of the guys at work started talking about playing on a softball league together. Spence understood it was going to start in August and he thought he could play until the babies got here and just miss the last half of the season. The season didn't actually start until Wednesday night, September 1st! (Okay, they had a bye last week so technically it started the week earlier.) And the season is going to last until mid-October. But since he'd already committed to playing on the team, he decided he would make it to as many games as possible. The whole family went to his first game. Spencer played 1st base. They didn't win but had a lot of fun. Maybe I'll make it to next Wednesdays game but I'm crossing my fingers that I don't. Here are the few pics I took at the Mean Green game.



Spencer also decided that we should let Cameron play Fall Soccer. He had such a good time last spring and was really getting to be a good little player and we didn't want to miss the opportunity for him to continue to learn. So he is now playing on the Red team (they haven't come up with a name yet) every Thursday night. He had his first game last night and we all went to support him. They ended in a Tie but it looks like they'll be a great team after they have a few practices. It's an all-boys team this year...time to get competitive!


So apparently the only people in the family who got the memo to take it easy this fall were the TWINS! Although their official 40 week due date isn't until October 2nd, I was under the assumption that if we made it to 36 weeks (which is tomorrow) we'd be in the clear and able to schedule their arrival. However, because we haven't had ANY complications with the pregnancy, my doctor is pushing me to carry them at least 37 weeks. I'm trying to have a good attitude but honestly I'm exhausted. My body hurts and I'm ready to be finished! Maybe it's because I go to 3 appointments each week, 2 non-stress tests and my regular OB visit. At last measurement, I was bigger than a house...51 weeks. So I'm hoping that we'll be able to schedule the C-section this week. I'd love if they could be born on Friday the 10th but I have a feeling the doctor is going to make me get through the weekend and not have them until the 13th or 14th. The only way they'll arrive any sooner is if I go into labor on my own. Since that has NEVER happened, I'm not counting on that. So until they are born, I'll continue to put my feet up as often as possible and drink as much water as I can possibly handle. They'll be here soon enough, I guess.

3 comments:

Mendel Family said...

I wish you the best of luck! And boys will be boys, mine are busy 24/7 as well. It seems nothing can stop them, even if twins are coming :)

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

hang in there, girl! you're so close to the end! can't wait to hear about their arrival. thinking of you & hoping all goes well.

Julie said...

I can't wait to see when the babies get here! Sorry for the wait!