Monday, April 30, 2012

Other April Happenings

Because I'm playing catch-up, these posts aren't going to be as detailed or fun as they could've been, had I done them when they actually happened.  Oh well.

Also in April:

All three big boys started Soccer.  I say this was the year of the highlighters, because the colors of their teams were exactly like highlighter markers...Cam was blue (the most mild, by far), Gavin was yellow, and Owen was orange!  You almost needed sunglasses just to look at their shirts!  They all had great coaches who held regular practices and each of them improved this season. These are the only pictures I have from this season (and the color on them is not at all accurate.):



Between 3 practices and 3 games each week, Spencer was a busy soccer dad.  I have a part-time job in the evenings so he pretty much had to do all the running around.  We were thankful this month for the new car we got.  It's a Ford Expedition EL (extra long, like a Suburban) and we recently added a built in DVD player, which entertained the babies at cold games or when they were just riding from practice to game to practice to game...you get the idea!

Also in April, I held my first, ever Piano Festival.  I had all 23 of my students come to my house in 10-minute increments.  Two of my favorite and talented friends served as my judges.  The students played two pieces for the judges and then received some wonderful feedback.  This helped prepare them for the Spring Piano Recital, two weeks later. Thanks again to Hillary & Sylinda for giving up your Saturday.  I am forever in your debt.  You guys are the best!

0 comments: