Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OUCH- Not on the Bucket List

On June 12th, I was in between piano lessons.  Cameron sat down at the piano and started practicing.  Han climbed up on my lap and Madi climbed up by Cam on the piano bench.  Madi decided that she would rather be on my lap and attempted to cross over Han to get to me.  I wasn't entirely aware of what she was doing and it happened so quickly that she fell and hit her little forehead on the corner of the piano bench.  Because it was a head wound, it started bleeding a lot!  I rushed her over to the sink and applied a cold water compress and the bleeding stopped.

Right after it happened
Waiting for the Doctor
But when I looked at her forehead, it looked kinda bad and so I took her to the pediatrician (where they do stitches and breaks on site, rather than sending you to the hospital.)  The nurse looked at it and assumed the doctor would just glue it but when the doc looked, he said he'd feel better if she had 2 stitches.  He said the glue wouldn't let it heal naturally and she'd probably just pick at it and cause more trouble.  It's a little ironic that in a house full of boys, our little lady is the first to have stitches.  She was very brave!



All stitched up 
The morning after...I love this picture--from her wild hair to wearing Han's pajamas to her goofy grin!!!

1 comments:

Mendel Family said...

It is kind of funny that the lady in the group got the stitches first!!! I am honestly amazed Logan hasn't had to have stitches yet! Love her by the way, she was so polite in nursery on Sunday and kept saying thank you every time someone handed her something :)