Monday, July 2, 2012

SBL #10 - Bear Lake

We love Bear lake and look forward to our annual weekend there with my side of the family. This year, like last year, we borrowed our friend's tent trailer. We also set up a tent for the boys. My parents were lucky enough to borrow Ryan & No'el's nice trailer. It's sorta like a mansion compared to a mobile home! Callie & Mike camped in their new tent. We had a lot of fun at the beach, ate great food, and enjoyed each other. It was a little tricky getting the twins to fall asleep, however, and we spent quite a bit of time just driving, hoping they'd fall asleep in the car and that we'd be able to transfer them to their sleeping quarters. Spencer and Harrison slept on one side of the trailer and Madi & I slept on the other side.

The first couple of nights I would sleep with Madi in my arms. I wanted to make sure she was kept warm and if she started to cry, I wanted to be close to comfort her quickly before she woke up Han. On the last night, I was exhausted. She was sleeping well and I let her out of my arms. Early that morning, I heard a soft thud and woke up in a panic! Madi was gone. She slipped through the fabric wall of the trailer and fell to the ground. She landed on some soft grass and didn't even realize what had happened! It sure shook me up though.

The boys did great in their tent. They were a little nervous the first night but they each had a flashlight and, to my kids, a flashlight = comfort. They helped granny do a few funny skits as our entertainment one evening. They also learned how to play Skip-Bo with grandpa.

We look forward to next year!

0 comments: