Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy 23rd to my baby sister

Today is Emily's 23rd birthday. I don't know if it's just me but since she is the baby in our family, I still think of her as 11 or 12 years old. She used to call me "Natalie Mama" and I loved taking care of her.


We celebrated her birthday on Sunday. She requested plain cheesecake with a little raspberry drizzle for her birthday cake. (If you want the recipe to the cheesecake, visit www.kitchentokitchen.blogspot.com )I forgot to hang up the birthday banner and we didn't have her blow out the candles. Sorry, Em.



We now live just a short distance away from each other so the boys have really gotten to know her a lot better. I asked each of my boys what they loved about their Aunt Emily and these are their responses:

Cam~ I like everything about her...except that she likes cheesecake. I don't like the name or the way it tastes. I only like chocolate cake. I love when Emily lets me go to her house and play games on her Game Cube.

Gavin~ Well I like her 'cuz she's so nice to us. And I like her 'cuz she brought us those rice crispy treats!

Owen~I like Emily. And Jeff. I like Emily to come over. I need Emily to come over, RIGHT NOW!

We hope you have a great year, Emily. We love you.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! Glad you live close to "Natalie Mama" so she could fix your birthday dinner. Hope you have a wonderful day and a great year ahead! We love you!
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Emily!!! :)))

Emily said...

Ah! Thanks Nat! That post made me feel so special. You are all too good to me. We really appreciated that nice dinner and cheesecake you made on Sunday. It is so fun living by you. After looking at those pictures, I can hardly wait to put your present to use! And I wish I could come over RIGHT NOW, too Owey-O.

Jake and Amy said...

What a darling picture of lil' Em! You are lucky to live so close to each other!