Monday, April 13, 2009

The Solution to Sticky Gum on Skin

While we were checking on our house in Idaho Falls, our friends, the Fullmer family, came to visit. One of the kids had some Easter gum and decided to share a piece with Gavin. He loved it and chewed it for a long time...so long that it became really sticky and sort of stringy because it was so soft. When we were finished at the house, we got in the car to go see the Sharps. Gavin decided he was sick of the gum and took it out of his mouth. Suddenly he was covered in gum. It was all over his hands and pants. We searched the internet for a solution to getting it off but didn't find much help. We tried washing hands with an ice cube, using a rag and paper towels to get it off, and I even suggested just letting him play in the dirt. (Yes I realize that was a dumb idea.) Then someone suggested trying WD-40. Can you believe it worked?


2 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

I'll have to keep that little known fact in the back of my mind...I'm sure I'll need it one day!

Gma Tisa said...

Did you try peanut butter? That worked on my kids. Poor Gavin...he looks miserable!