Friday, June 12, 2009

Banana Races

Last night was our ward's Pinewood Derby and, because of my new calling, the whole family went to watch. I wanted Cameron to see what's in store for him next year. After the Scouts raced their cars, they invited all the younger children to get a banana and strap it to a special car that they could race on the track. They did several races and in the end raced the Top Two Bananas...and Gavin won!!! If you know Gavin at all, you know that he jumped up and down a lot while doing "windmill arms." It was a great night!



5 comments:

Emily said...

I can picture it now-- the jumping, with the fast spinning arms. Great job Gav!!!

Damien and Ashley said...

How fun!!!! Carter can't wait til he's in scouts! (can you believe they are that old???) How's your calling going anyway? I haven't talked to you forever!!!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Hee, hee banana races! That cracks me up. Only in Utah.... Way to go Gavin!

Anonymous said...

Windmill arms, hilarious!

Jane said...

I think the banana races are a great idea! I can just picture little Gavin now. He's such a fun, animated little boy! Can't wait to see you all tomorrow.