Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bees, Haircuts, & Big Decisions

It was the yearly go-to-the-Bees-game with other Platt employees on Friday night. The boys absolutely loved it! When we first got there, one of the other employees told my boys that they should walk down to the players while they were warming up and ask for a ball. Cameron (usually shy) jumped up and ran down without any hesitation. The player said that maybe they'd get him a ball later in the game. A little disappointed, he came back to the group. Then during the 4th inning, he went back down to ask again. This player wasn't nearly as nice and just said they didn't give balls out anymore. Whatever!! A few innings later there was a foul ball hit in our general direction. One of the guys in the Platt group caught it and gave it to the boys. They were thrilled! A few minutes later Bumble (the mascot) was walking around and Cam ran to get his autograph. They had a nice fireworks display following the game and the boys were so good for the entire evening. There is nothing more fun than spending time as a family.




I got to enjoy a little pampering session on Saturday morning. Callie cut my hair at her school/salon. I wanted to take a few pictures of her in action. Please disregard the way I look with a cape on and wet hair. Not my best look!







We've had to make some big decisions regarding our house in Idaho Falls. We've had it on the market for 4 months, had one prospective buyer, and lots of lookers. But we're getting to the point that we have to get someone in it so we are taking it off the market, in hopes that we can get someone to rent it for a year and then we'll try to sell it again. We'll be listing it through an agency in Idaho Falls but if anyone needs a great house to rent (or knows of anyone who does) send me an e-mail and we'll see what we can work out. Until then, keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

Love your hair!!! It is so cute. Callie does shuch a good job. The baseball game looks like a blast. Our boys would love that too! I really hope things work out with your house. I will keep my ears open for anyone needing to rent...

Kandice said...

Where in Idaho Falls is your house? I'll keep my ears open too. I hope you can get someone in there! The market is starting to pick up, so it shouldn't be too much longer!

I LOVE the first pic in your post of Cameron with the ball...such a great shot and worthy of a frame in his room!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

What are you talking about.... the wet hair and cape look is always sooo glamorous. The end product looks great though! Guess I know where I'll be heading when my friend moves in a couple of months. Awesome Callie! Cute pic. of the boys glad they had fun!

seananddiana said...

Your hair looks so cute!

Jane said...

Fun story about Cam and Gavin getting a baseball. Cute pix, too! Love seeing CD at work making you beautiful!

Jake and Megan said...

Fun times at the baseball game! Way cute hair too! I totally feel for you & your house in ID. We still have our townhouse & really want to sale it! We still have renters, but would love not to own it. I am sure it will all work out for you guys but it is a very stressful time! See on the 19th!! I haven't seen or talk to you forever!!!

Adrienne said...

Your hair is way cute! I love the color!