Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy 9th Anniversary!

Today was our 9th Anniversary. Emily babysat the boys while we went to dinner. When we got home they were all hiding behind the couch and they jumped out and yelled "Happy Anniversary." They had made us a poster and had sprinkled the table with Squeezes, Hugs, and Kisses. So sweet!



It seems that the only thing that is constant on our anniversary is that we have Cameron take our picture. Here's this year's shot:



9 Things about the Last 9 Years:

Nine changes of address (3 in Logan, 3 in Idaho Falls, 1 in Blackfoot, 1 in Smithfield, 1 in Utah)
Eight Jobs (Spence=Shuttle, Maverik, Buck's Service, Platt Electric Supply. Nat=Shuttle, Bama Bay, Curves, Piano Teacher)
Seven Vehicles (Chevy Cavalier, Honda Civic, Purple (old) Jimmy, Green Ford truck, White (new) Jimmy, Ford Windstar (current), Saturn (current))
Six Inches on Spencer's waist (Let's face it, we've both gained weight in the past 9 years)
Five Losses of our Grandparents (My Grandma Tew and Grandpa and Grandma Baldwin, Spence's Grandpa and Grandma Christensen)
Four Grandparents to Spoil our Boys (My parents, who still live in Blackfoot, but take every opportunity possible to see the boys...Spence's parents who recently moved back to Utah and can't get enough of their grandsons.)
Three Adorable Children (Um, duh...Cameron, Gavin, and Owen)
Two Times we've been able to have Callie live with us (once in Logan and NOW)
One Happy Marriage
I'm so grateful that Spencer and I found each other 9 years ago. He is such a good husband and he works so hard for our family so that I can be home with the kids. He is such a support to me in every way and I love him a lot!



Here's a sweet picture of Spence last week when he was getting ready to head off to Scout Camp. Doesn't he look so cute in his uniform?

6 comments:

Becky T said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't it amazing how quickly nine years can fly by?? It was SO great to run into you at Bear Lake! I was thinking that it had seriously been ages since I saw you last. It was fun to see your cute boys and chat for a bit!

Campbell Family said...

Happy anniversary! It's fun keeping up with your fam. I've been meaning to tell you that I'm also Primary Pres. so if you need to call and vent or something, I'm hear. :)

Damien and Ashley said...

Congrat and Happy Anniversary! I totally remember your wedding day. Crazy how time flies! I loved the list of the nine things in nine years, too. So many things to remember. Oh, and Spencer-sweet scouting duds!!!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Happy anniversary (late- I don't know why I always think it's the 6th)! Can't believe it's been nine years. And to think we were there at the beginning. :) Love the list- you are so creative that way. Hope year nine is just as great as the last eight have been! Love you guys!

Jane said...

Looking forward to seeing you soon, especially #3 on your list! We're glad you and Spencer found each other and know that together you can conquer anything! I think Spencer looks very nice in his Scout uniform - quite cute, acutally!

Amber McArthur said...

What a cute post! You guys are the cutest couple--and have the cutest kids--what a cute family :)! I loved your list and taught me alot I didn't know about you two :). Hope you had a great anniversary.