Thursday, April 8, 2010

Two Easter Parties

We celebrated my mom's birthday and Easter with the Tews over the weekend of March 19-21 in Blackfoot. It was so nice to get away from Utah for a while. We hadn't planned on telling anyone about our upcoming addition (when we thought there was only one baby) until Mom's birthday so I'd planned a cute cake as our announcement. (However, when we found out it was twins, we had to tell everyone immediately.) There is a sweet song I sang with my sisters when we were younger for my grandma's birthday called "My Grandmother's Old-fashioned Garden." I decided to make a Granny Garden for my mom's cake and then decorate it with pictures of the grandkids. Here's how it turned out:


It's my Grandma Marie's chocolate cake recipe that can be found here decorated with oreo cookie crumbs, a sugar-wafer fence, some green colored coconut for grass, and lots of chocolate frosting.

Saturday morning our friends, the Sharps, came from Idaho Falls for a visit. Gavin and Brandon are "best friends" but haven't seen each other for such a long time. They were thrilled to play again. Cam was glad to see Nadia too. We also got to see their new baby, Caleb and catch up with Sarah on all the latest news from our old ward. It was so nice. (Spencer missed Cliff.) Just as they were leaving, cousins Ashley and Megan and their girls stopped by and after a short visit, went with them to tour cousin Marie's new house. It was so good to see my cousins and hear what's new in their families. Marie's house is going to be beautiful...we can't wait until it's finished so we can tour it again! Somewhere in all of that, we had a quick Easter Egg hunt. Here are a couple of pics from the Easter Egg Hunt:



The following weekend we celebrated Easter with Grandma Tisa & Grandpa Dave. The boys loved flying kites, finding Easter Eggs, coloring Easter Eggs, and having Easter Dinner. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and didn't get any pictures this time. Grandma & Grandpa live so close to a park that I'm sure we'll be flying those kites again soon.

1 comments:

JMP said...

What a cute cake. I'm going to copy it the next chance I get. It was fun to see you and we are so excited about your new babies!