Saturday, May 7, 2011

Aunts & Uncles

My kids are so lucky to have such fabulous aunts & uncles. Emily's husband, Jeff, is currently in his first year of law school. This has required A LOT of studying time. He is one of the most dedicated students I know. But recently, Jeff has wanted to spend time with the boys. One day in March (when I was going crazy, I'm sure) I was telling Emily about everything I needed to get done and that I didn't know how it was going to happen with kids underfoot all day! We ended the phone call and about two minutes later she called back and said, "Jeff wants to take the boys on a hike." Seriously? So I ran them over and they were gone for a good 2 hours. Here's the evidence:



Jeff also helped Cameron with a book report. The report was to be done on a children's book. Cam chose "The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig." (Kind of opposite of The 3 Little Pigs story.) He needed some artwork so he called Uncle Jeff! Look at the "sketches" he did and then the finished product. Doesn't it look like clip-art? Well, it's not. It's hand drawn! Amazing!



Then one Friday, Spence and I had planned to go on a date. We were going to eat at a restaurant just minutes from our house with some friends from our ward. We decided not to hire a babysitter but to leave Cam in charge...as we knew we were only going to be gone an hour or so and we'd be close enough to home that if there was an emergency, we'd be able to get there quickly. Then Callie called..."It's such a nice day outside that Mike & I want to take your kids to a park." Seriously? So they ended up with the Big 3 (we took the twins) for a couple of hours while we went on a more relaxed date. Here is the evidence:





One last story: Emily called one day to see what we were up to. I was on my way out the door with all 5 kids to run some errands. She said, "Would the boys like to go on a walk/bike ride instead?" So we loaded up the bikes and I dropped them off with her. She pushed Miley in her stroller while Cam & Gavin rode bikes and Owen pushed his scooter along. They went on a lovely and lengthy walk/ride for a couple of hours while I ran the errands with just the babies! They had such a good time and were super tired that night! Here is the evidence:





Don't you wish your kids' aunts and uncles were this great?

2 comments:

Mendel Family said...

YES!! I love that your family is so awesome!

whitney allison said...

But where is the evidence? Jk! They are awesome!!! I love that Sovie got a little taste of their awesomeness from Emily today too!