Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's Personal!

It's with much hesitation that I finally get this post out of my head and publish it. I hesitate because it's a very personal matter...but I think I'm finally ready to talk about it. Weight loss. There, I said it. I think I've always struggled with my own body image. I always thought I was overweight and needed to lose a few pounds. But looking back at pictures from high school, college, wedding, etc...I realize it shouldn't have been such an issue then! That was before nearly 11 years of marriage and 5 kids. I've been a little jealous of people as they started a weight loss program and succeeded but I also knew that it wasn't the right time for me to focus my energy on weight loss. However, on May 14, 2011, I joined Weight Watchers! I discussed the decision with Spencer (only) but really felt like it was MY time. I had decided to put my whole heart into it but didn't want to tell others in case it didn't work for me. I had a million reasons in my head as to why it wouldn't work and didn't want anyone to ask me how it was going if the progress was slow. I'm happy to report that Weight Watchers has worked! I hit my first goal of losing 5% of my body weight on June 10th, then hit my 10% goal on July 15th, and have (to date) lost 27.2 pounds! It feels good and it's only the beginning.

4 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Wow you are awesome! I have not been nearly as successful as you...that could be due to me being on vacation practically the whole month of July. But I am very proud of you! Keep it up!

Jane said...

Just another reason you're one of my heroes.

Jake and Megan said...

Wow! Good job Natalie! That is amazing. Can't wait to see& talk WW!

Nichole said...

Oh weightloss. CURSES! I know all to well abou the struggles. Huge congrats to you for your success! I hope you keep it up and keep up your motivation. Your kids are darling as always, Im excited to see your fam at Cals weddin!