Friday, October 7, 2011

Principal's Award

The night before Spence & I left for Wyoming, I got an e-mail from Cam's teacher.  

It said, "We are having an assembly tomorrow to honor specific students. I chose Cameron as one, and if you’d like to come to the assembly it is at 2:30 tomorrow. It is a surprise, so if you could help keep it a secret that’d be great :)".  

I was so excited for Cam to be recognized but pretty sad that I wouldn't be able to go to the assembly.  I mentioned it to my mom but didn't expect her to load up the twins & Owen the next day.  However, Callie overheard the conversation and the next afternoon, Mike showed up at my house to pick up my mom and Owen and go to the assembly.  Emily came over to watch the babies.  Cam was recognized with a certificate that says, 
"This award is presented to Cameron Styer because he sets a good example for others by being kind and respectful to all."  
Cam didn't even notice Mike, Granny, & Owen in the audience until he was in the front of the assembly.  It really meant a lot to both of us to have someone there to support him.  

2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm proud of Cam, too, and happy that I was able to go to the assemblyalong with Mike & Owen. Besides being there to support Cameron, it was fun to see how things are run at an elementary school in Utah!

Damien and Ashley said...

Ah, that's so cool! You do have nice boys-I wish mine had more chances to get to know them better. How nice of Mike and Aunt Jane and Owen to go too! She is an awesome grandma!