Monday, November 14, 2011

Busy Life

For those of you who regularly check my blog and have been disappointed to see that I haven't updated for a while, I'm now officially current again.  So scroll down, click on older posts if you need to, and catch up on what we've been doing.

This past weekend was extremely busy and wonderful!  Spencer and I participated in another 5K on Saturday morning.  I'm not sure what we were thinking when we signed up because it was COLD and more like a cross-country run than anything else.  And it was HARD!  So hard that I said I'd never do that run again.  It was called the "Crazy Course" and was a serious race, complete with numbers, t-shirts, and a chip you wore around your ankle for timing purposes.  Most people there were experienced runners...I think you have to be if you want to race in the freezing weather.  The course went through neighborhoods, paved paths, and even a horse trail.  Spencer did great, finishing in just 36:57.  I finished in 44 minutes.  I hope to do better in the spring.

This weekend was also our Primary Program.  We have such supportive families and were joined by Grandma Tisa & Grandpa Dave, Granny Jane & Grandpa Rick, Uncle Mike & Aunt Sylvia, Uncle Randy & cousin Kara, Uncle Mike & Aunt Callie, Uncle Jeff & Aunt Emily & Miley.  The boys did such a good job with their speaking and singing parts.  Cameron & Gavin each had solos and performed like professionals.  The Spirit was so strong and I am so grateful that my boys are being taught the truthfulness of the Gospel.  We had a lovely meal at our house after the block: ham, funeral potatoes, rolls, green salad, green beans, and pumpkin pie.  We enjoyed the time with our families and love them all.

Me, My Dad, & My Mother-in-Law...all sporting the same shade of GREEN!

3 comments:

Jane said...

There are so many good posts, but this is the only one I'll comment on. We're glad we could come to the Sacrament Meeting presentation. We are proud of how well the boys did and are grateful, as well, that they're being taught the Gospel. Dinner was delightful, but you forgot to list one of the menu items -- sweet potatoes! Yum!!

Damien and Ashley said...

Good job on another 5K!!! That's awesome! Your boys are so talented-I'm sure they did a great job!

Anonymous said...

You look super skinny. I am inspired!