Thursday, July 17, 2008

American Idol Concert






I went with Callie, Emily, and my mom to the American Idol Concert in SLC on Monday evening. It was UNBELIEVABLE! The top 8 performed 3 numbers each, then David Archuleta performed 4 numbers and David Cook performed 5. They also sang 2 group numbers. All of them (except Ramiel) sounded and looked better in person than they did on TV. Archuleta got a little emotional because of the crowd.

Tickets to the show...$65,
Gas to get to/from SLC...$75
Memories with my sisters and mom...PRICELESS!

It's something I'll never forget. Thanks, Mom, for having the idea and carrying it out. It was completely worth it.

(All 5 members of our family have been fighting Strep this week which is why this post wasn't written Tuesday morning. We're all on the mend now.)

5 comments:

Jane said...

The concert really was a lot of fun and so worth it! I loved the comment Brooke White made after she played the piano and sang her first song "Let It Be." She said "Utah -- This is the Place!" I'm sure nearly everyone in the E-Center knew what she was talking about, but I wonder how many of the Idols did? I also loved how Archie got a little emotional after he sang his last song "When You Say You Love Me." He was grinning and waving and wiping his eyes at the same time. We all loved how, while playing his guitar, (yes it has his brothers intials "AC" on it) David Cook turned his back to the audience, dropped to his knees in the splits and nearly did a backbend while singing the end of "Billie Jean." What an entertainer! We had a great time!

Emily said...

That was so much fun. Good times!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

What a fun thing to do...you guys always know how to have a good time!!

Gma Tisa said...

All right you guys...you looked like you were having entirely too much fun! What a fun thing to do! I thought of you all while you were at the concert and am so glad you could do that! Nat has got me hooked on AI! Dave even watches occasionally...I can hardly wait till next season.

Tara said...

im so jealous. im so glad you had a fun time. tell callie dawn hello for me.