Thursday, October 30, 2008

Grandpa Hugh

Today would have been my Grandpa Hugh's 97th birthday. He was a great man and we miss him a lot. I think of him often and wonder what he would have thought of my little boys. I'll never forget the way he used to peel an entire apple without letting the skin break and then feed it to all of the grandkids, one little piece at a time. I know many of my relatives check on my blog. Please feel free to leave me a comment with your favorite memory of Grandpa...

5 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

of course his red boots...:) and his tender heart, pointer finger on the nose cryer...

Jake and Megan said...

good post! I never even thought about that it was Grandpa Hugh b-day. My favorite memories of Grandpa Hugh--

bringing peaches and bread for the rodeo trip, instead of eating out.

telling me that I shouldn't eat all the ice cream or cookies, I was already to damn fat.(I know this sounds mean, but it was just grandpa hugh)

His testimony & the way he shared it. I knew Granpa Hugh knew the church was true!

I miss him!

Kandice said...

Okay, I know Grandpa Hugh wasn't our grandpa, but he was a part of our growing up. I can still remember seeing him and Grandma sitting in front of the 'Tew bench' at church, with us right behind. He was a great man and you were all lucky to have him! Way to go Nat for remembering him.

Jane said...

So all of my siblings, except Sue who is on her mission in Scotland, went on a little daytrip today. We drove to the Bear Lake area because we have ancestors who helped settle it and are buried there. It was fun being together on this beautiful autumn day, and we did our fair share of remembering Grandpa Hugh. When we got back to Blackfoot, everyone came to our house for dinner and birthday cake in honor of him. We even sang "Happy Birthday!"

Anonymous said...

Grandpa would always bark at little kids and scare them. It always made me cry haha