Monday, December 21, 2009

Cam's 8th Birthday

Cameron has finally reached that very important birthday of turning EIGHT! I seriously cannot believe it has been 8 years since he was born and I became a mom. His birthday always helps turn my thoughts to our Savior's birth and I think of Mary and how she must have felt at that time. I clearly remember my thoughts and feelings eight years ago as I anticipated the birth of our first son. We were anxious to become parents but very nervous as well. (I recorded Cam's birth story last year so I won't do that again this year but if you're interested, click here.)

Cameron was the KING of his classroom for the week of December 7th. We made a poster and got to go share a few things about Cam. He wanted me to tell funny stories but I had a really hard time coming up with much. We told the story about when he was still a baby, maybe 9 months old, and Aunt Callie was feeding him his rice cereal. He looked at her and clearly said, "Tall Giraffe." We still laugh about that one.

Recently he has wanted to start dressing "like a missionary" for church. This came as a surprise to us because he went through a phase when he would tell us he didn't want to serve a mission and he never wanted to move out of our house. Now he wants to look the part and tells me that he's excited for his 19th birthday so he can go on a mission. His only request for his birthday this year was a SUIT! Isn't he handsome?


We had a little birthday party for him with Aunt Callie, Emily & Jeff, Chopper & Niki, and Grandma & Grandpa Styer on Sunday night. He chose the menu: sloppy joes, crab salad, chips, and chocolate cake! He received many nice gifts from those who came to the party and from Granny Jane & Grandpa Rick. Aunt Callie gave him an outfit that she let him pick out himself, jeans, t-shirt & zip up sweater. Em & Jeff gave him a CTR ring. Styer Grandparents gave him new scriptures, a baptismal book and plaque. Tew grandparents gave him a scout shirt and book, a scripture case, and a CTR zipper tie.

Cameron will be baptized in January.

0 comments: