Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Randoms

It is so difficult to keep up on this ol' blog and be the mother of five! I just posted a few things from the last month but while I was doing it I found a bunch of random pictures that I couldn't do an entire post on individually so I decided to do a little update with the random pics I've collected along the way...

Harrison & Madison are 5 weeks old today! I haven't had them weighed recently but I know they are growing a lot. Spence believes Harrison has surpassed his little sis in weight. Harrison has rounded out, he's going through a little phase of baby acne, eats like a champ, and sleeps pretty good. He is a mellow baby, waits patiently when Madi demands to eat first, and is loved by his brothers. Madison was born with personality! She likes to be awake from 6 - 10 pm (or later) and just stares at us with her pretty BLUE (currently) eyes. She still has strawberry blond or auburn hair so she is often called "Ginger" by her aunt Callie. She likes all the attention she gets from her big brothers & parents. The twins are usually asleep by 10 or 11 pm, wake to nurse at 3-ish and 6-ish, then wake for the day around 9. As busy as they keep us, we can't imagine life without them.


Owen is my biggest helper. He isn't going to preschool so he is my sidekick most days. Before the babies were born, he would tell everyone that he was going to throw away all the dirty diapers. He has stayed true to this and usually is waiting for me to finish changing a diaper so he can throw it away for me. He is good at getting binkies, fresh onesies, diapers, wipes, and can entertain one twin while I'm feeding the other. He looks forward to Gavin getting home from Kindergarten so they can play. Owen spends a lot of time on the trampoline.


Gavin loves going to Kindergarten. He is often the first awake, ready for a new day. He is happy all the time and has tons of energy. We have to remind him to stop jumping, slamming doors, making noise, etc when the babies are sleeping. He has made a lot of new friends and gets invited to play after school with a new friend most weeks. Gavin is getting ready for the Primary Program at church where he will sing a solo and say a large speaking part. He is very smart...maybe a little too smart for his own good!

Cameron is adjusting to life as a 3rd grader. He loves going to cub scouts each week. He is finishing up his soccer season. This season his team was made up of 3rd and 4th grade boys. Although one of the smaller kids, he learned a lot and is constantly improving. He is getting ready to be "in charge" of his younger siblings when I start teaching piano again. He loves responsibility!

Callie just celebrated 2 years of living with the Spencer Styer family! We like having her around and I'm pretty sure she likes being here. She works a lot of hours but still has enough energy to give her nephews a hard time and to help hold babies.


I am not sure where my day goes. I change a lot of diapers, nurse often, and will soon be teaching piano lessons. I am lucky to have good friends and neighbors who drive my boys to and from school, arrange play dates at their homes, and continue to give me support through this adjustment. I have been lucky to have my mom come visit numerous times in the past 5 weeks and to have my in-laws close so that we can go to their home when we need a change of scenery. Last week some friends had a "Witch Party." It was held on Spencer's birthday so I didn't consider going until he saw the invitation and encouraged me to. He stayed home with all 5 children and kept everyone fed and happy for 3 1/2 hours! I had to dress like a witch and was feeling self conscious and a little guilty about going but had a great time and came home rejuvenated.

Spencer has really stepped up to the plate as a father of five. Not to say that he wasn't a good dad before but he has really turned it up a notch or two. He gets up to help in the night, cooks and cleans, goes grocery shopping and (as I already said) encourages me to leave the babies from time to time. He just turned 34 and we laugh about how much has changed in the last 10 years...but we wouldn't change a thing!

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Wow Natalie, what a beautiful family!! I love the top pic of the twins, so precious. Good to hear you are doing well, GOOD LUCK with the start of piano! You are one amazing lady. :)

Mendel Family said...

I love that he encourages you to get out! What a good hubby! A witch party? It sounds fun! I am so glad all of your kids are doing well, you have such a great family!

Gma Tisa said...

Such a positive post! I loved it and all the pictures. What a great little family...we love you guys....and gals! :)