Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spencer's 34th & the Selfless Gift

Spence turned 34 on October 9th. He had such a low-key birthday. We gave him a new white shirt & tie for church and he received some $$ from my parents and a gift card from his parents. A few days after his birthday I got out my camera to take a picture only to find that the LCD screen on the back had been shattered. You could still take a picture but you couldn't see what you were taking a picture of until you plugged the camera into the computer and downloaded the pics you'd taken. I don't know how it happened and was pretty upset about it, considering that it was almost Harrison & Madison's blessing day and I knew we'd need to take pictures of that. I knew it wasn't in the budget to go out and buy a new camera so I asked my mom to make sure she brought her camera to the blessing and I asked my friend, Whitney, if she'd take a picture of the entire Tew family after the blessing at the church. I figured my bases were covered and decided not to worry about the camera anymore...maybe Santa would bring me a new one.

My parents came to our house the day before the blessing. My mom and I took the twins and went to the store to finish buying the groceries needed for the luncheon after the blessing. Spence told me he had an errand to run too so he and my dad and the boys loaded up in his car. We all got back to the house within a few minutes and the boys had the biggest grins on their faces. Spencer handed me a brand new camera! He decided that having a camera was important for our family so instead of using his birthday money and gift card on himself, he used it to buy a camera. Since I'm the one who carries the camera and takes most of the pictures, it was really a gift for me. I was quite overwhelmed and still feel a little guilty but I'm super grateful for a selfless husband who puts his family before himself.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

You have a good one... What a nice guy! :)

Katy said...

I love this! And I've loved all your other posts from today. You have the most wonderful family in the world. I love how much support you have and miss you millions!

Mendel Family said...

Oh my goodness he gets MAJOR brownie points!