Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baldwin Cousins

I love my cousins...all of them. I was lucky enough to grow up in a family where cousin relationships were important. My Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin had 43 grandchildren and many great-grandchildren that we were close with too. When I was little and couldn't fall asleep, my mom would tell us to "count our cousins". Even now, I sometimes try to count all of my cousins, their spouses, their kids, and even their grandkids...it usually helps me get to sleep. I could tell you something interesting about each of my cousins, where they are currently living, where they served their mission, their birthday, because we still care about each other and try to keep up. Anyway, I had three cousins who were born within 4 days of each other so they were always called "the triplets". Rachel was born November 20, Carlos on November 22, and Jamison on November 23, 1980. Since it was their 30th birthdays, Carlos' wife, Natalie, invited us to help celebrate. They fed us dinner, cake & ice cream, and it was so fun to sit with some of my favorite cousins and reminisce about the good ol' days.



Top row: Jamison, Carlos, Hugh
Bottom row: Emily, Amber, Callie, Natalie, Jen
Cam was holding my camera and took this pic, unfortunately, we are obviously looking at someone else's camera.

Emily's baby, Miley, Amber's baby, Ellie, Harrison & Madison, Carlos' baby, Stone...all born between August and November 2010. I'm sure they'll be great friends too!

2 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Harrison is rocking the tie shirt ;) I love that you are so close with your family! I have some cousins that I am close with as well, and it makes life that much better!

Rachel B said...

Wish I could have been there, but I was thinking of you all on that day! LOVE our cousins so much!