Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Primary Program

Cameron, Gavin, and Owen participated in the Primary Sacrament Presentation this last Sunday. Cameron had 2 speaking parts and sang with a quartet. They sang "I Belong To the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" in Spanish. He did a very good job. He also did well with his speaking parts. Although he didn't memorize them, he read them confidently and looked up from the paper a few times.

Gavin sang the first verse of "Follow the Prophet" as a solo. He stood up to the microphone and sang beautifully...right on pitch. His speaking part was quite long and he memorized it! He said, "My name is Gavin and I am almost 6 years old. Because I am young, there are many things I do not know but there are a few things I do know. I know that when I help my mom and dad I feel good inside. I know that when I pray with my family, I feel happy. I know that when I look at my baby brother and sister I get a warm feeling inside that makes me want to smile. I think this is the Spirit helping me have a testimony of His love for me."

Owen surprised us all this year. He had a short speaking part, "I am thankful for Jesus" and he got to sit/stand right in the front. When the Primary sang for Mother's Day, Owen wouldn't even go up with the other kids. Imagine how surprised we all were when he sang at the top of his lungs every song. You could hear his voice above the rest of the children. He knew most of the words and was so proud to be on the stand.

We were grateful to share this day with Grandpa Dave & Grandma Tisa, Callie, Emily, Jeff, & Miley, and Granny Jane & Grandpa Rick. Because they will be driving back to Utah for Thanksgiving Granny & Grandpa weren't going to come. But on Saturday afternoon they changed their minds and drove both ways on Sunday. We realize what a long day that makes and are so glad they did it. It meant a lot to us. We failed to take pictures of the boys but did take this one of Granny, Grandpa, and the twins.

6 comments:

Gma Tisa said...

Your new family picture is wonderful .... where can I get a copy? And Owie must have been very happy with "orange" being the theme of the day! It was so fun to be at the program and well worth it! Great to see all of the Tew Family! Love you guys!

seananddiana said...

Love your family picture! So cute!!

Mendel Family said...

Can I just say your kids were a huge hit with us! They did such a good job, and Matt and I couldn't help but smile at Owen and how darling he was! Those are my favorite kids, the ones who sing their little hearts out! And your twins are ADORABLE!!! And I love the new family picture! I just love your family!

Jane said...

So glad we could be at the Program. Such handsome and smart boys, those grandsons of ours. It was well worth the trip down and back! I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Your family picture and this new blog background looks great!

Kerry and Chris said...

Ditto on the new Family Picture. I love Primary Programs, they bring out the very essence of children, unpredictable as they are. They also let the Spirit touch us in a way no-one else would, only sorry it comes one time a year!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Ok, best family picture EVER!!!!