Friday, November 26, 2010

The Giving of Thanks

We hosted Thanksgiving this year with my parents, Emily & Jeff, Jeff's brother, James, Callie, and our family. (We almost got to have the Styer's join us at the last minute when Tisa's oven wouldn't heat up to cook their dinner. Maybe next year?) I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I only had 2 pictures of the entire day. Luckily, Emily took a bunch and I stole them off her blog. :) Because we had a smaller group this year than in years past, I wanted to eat off Spence's Grandma Christensen's china. Although we had to wash it by hand, I thought it made the table look just lovely.

Mom and I did the majority of the cooking. We had a lovely meal with all the traditional food: turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, yams, corn, beans, pretzel salad, veggie tray, rolls, pie, pie, pie, pie...



After we ate, Jeff & James took the boys outside to run off some energy. The girls stood around the piano and sang. Football & movies were watched. And every one was happy! A few pics from the day in a completely random order:










Thanks, Emily, for sharing your pictures.

3 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Looks like an awesome day!

Katy said...

Nat, I absolutely ADORE the picture of Spencer and Harrison. If Harrison had a goatee, they would be twins. So, so cute! Eric says to tell you hi and that your babies are cute!

Love you!

Amelia said...

So glad your T-day was nice! Thanks again for letting us crash with you the day before you had company come... :)