Saturday, December 4, 2010

G's 6th B-day

Prepare for major picture overload because this is the post that never ends...I have SO many pictures! Gavin turned 6 on November 30th. He is such a happy, enthusiastic little boy. Before he opened his presents I told him that it would be nice if he would take a little time looking at each one, rather than ripping through each gift without really noticing what he received. Since he was being obedient, I ended up being able to take a lot of pictures of him opening gifts. He was spoiled! We gave him a new coat. His Styer grandparents gave him a tool set, tool box, flannel shirt, head lamp, and it all came in a huge bag that he could practically crawl in. Callie gave him new jeans, a hoodie, a puzzle, and a DVD of the Little Rascals (which he now quotes excessively.) The Tew Grandparents gave him some pants, slippers, and a Lego Robot game that gets played nonstop. Ryan & No'el gave him 2 Nerf guns that we used for a game at his birthday party.





Gavin loves ribs so when I asked him where we should eat his birthday dinner he requested Texas Roadhouse. I'm not usually the type to spend an arm and a leg on birthday dinner but we had a partial gift card and Cam & Gavin each had a gift certificate for a free kid's meal so I agreed. Our total bill was $17! You just can't beat that! When we got to the Roadhouse we found out it was Kid's Night. While we were waiting for our table they let each of the boys make a marshmallow snowman. Right after they brought our meals to the table the manager came up and told us they were going to be having an ice cream eating contest in 5 minutes. Gavin & Owen agreed to participate, Cam wasn't feeling very well. Although they didn't win the contest, they each got a Texas Roadhouse t-shirt, even Cam. They all wanted to wear them the next day so here they are in their t-shirts, fresh out of the bathtub before school...they're looking a little tired.





Gavin also asked if he could have a birthday party. I said yes. Then Owen reminded me that he didn't get to have a birthday party in October so we decided to let him invite a few friends too and have a joint party. We ended up with 11 boys and 1 girl at our house. Lucky for me, my friend Kama came to help. And even luckier (if that's a word), Callie was supposed to be at work but came home for a couple of hours because they were slow so she was able to help out too! We ate pizza and breadsticks from Little Caesar's, played a few games...Pin-the-nose-on-the-snowman, duck races, target practice with Nerf guns, donut eating off a string...then we had each child decorate a sugar cookie with candy, we called them "candy pizza", and Gavin & Owen opened their gifts. They got so many fun things from their friends and were happy to share. They played with the presents and watched Little Rascals until their moms came to get them. I'm glad we were able to have a little party but I was very relieved when it was over! I just realized that I have 25+ pictures from the party so I guess I'll do a slide show:

2 comments:

Mendel Family said...

You are the ultimate mom!!! I love birthdays, and it looks like Gavin had a great one!

Amelia said...

Happy Birthday Gavin!! You are one BRAVE mom, that is a lot of kids! How fun for your boys!