Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Two One-Year-Olds

I've heard it said that the first year of twins is the hardest and sort of like a blur.  But we have truly enjoyed every moment with these adorable babies.  They have brought us so much happiness and joy and they are loved by all.  We celebrated their birthday with my family while we were in Idaho.  Dave & Tisa came to visit them on the morning of their birthday.  These babies were showered with lots of clothes for fall...now we're anxious for the weather to change just a little so they can wear them!


Owen had a soccer game that night.  Then we had pizza & cupcakes for the twins' birthday.  Madi had a pink cupcake, Han had a blue one.  And boy, did they love them!   





I took the twins to the doctor for their well-child checkups the following day.  I am proud to say that I nursed twins for an entire year!  They are healthy and strong and perfect!  Harrison is 20 pounds, 7 oz (20%), 29 inches tall (30%), and his head circumference is 18 inches (50%).  Madison is 19 pounds, 4 oz (25%), 28 1/2 inches tall (40%), and her head circumference is 17 1/4 inches (25%).  Neither of them is walking yet but both are pulling themselves up and walking around furniture.  Madi says "Uh-oh", "mama", and "dada".  Han says "mama", "dada", and "all done!" Also, on Thursday, my good friend Whitney took pictures of the babies.  But that's another post entirely. 



2 comments:

Jane said...

I can't believe these babies are 1! You deserve a gold medal or more for nursing them for a whole year. They are such sweet perfect babies and have really gotten a good start in life! Love them!

Mendel Family said...

I feel like this year has gone by in a blur! I still feel like we should be at the Dr. and I am asking them how your check up went! Glad they loved their cupcakes!