Saturday, April 26, 2008

8 Long Years!

Eight years ago Spencer and I went on (what he calls) our first date. It was Esther's birthday and a group of us were going to The Golden Corral for dinner to celebrate. Spence invited himself to come with us. When we got to the register to pay, one of my friend's cards was declined so I told him I'd pay for him and he could pay me back later. Spencer said, "If you're paying for him, you're paying for me too." So I did. The friend paid me back within the month. Spencer bought me a diamond ring instead! Here are a few pictures of what we looked like then. It's okay to laugh at them. We know that we look very young and that Spence has quite a bit more hair. We're just happy that we met each other and that we're together today. Happy Birthday Esta!


8 comments:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Aah the good ol' days! Too cute. Loved seeing these pics. Seems like just yesterday that all of our lives revolved around that shuttle!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you guys are so cute. Happy 8 years, could it really be that long?

Team Hanni said...

CUTE!!!! Happy Anniversary!

Becky T said...

Congrats on 8 years! Isn't it crazy how much can happen in that amount of time? I was doing my own trip down memory lane as our 8th anniversary is approaching in June and it's quite entertaining to look back on, really! :)

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So cute! I totally remember your wedding like it was yesterday! I caught the bouquet and Jonathan caught the guarder...Jonathan was SO embarrased!-funny how things work out!! We are also glad you two met-what a great couple you are!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

8 years... seriously?!? where has the time gone? CONGRATULATIONS!

Julie said...

That was so great! I loved seeing the old apartment and pictures of you guys. I think I remember going to Golden Corral too. I was there right?! Congratulations!

Gma Tisa said...

Can it really be 8 years...since you got engaged? We will always be indebted to the shuttle for bringing you two together!