Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Husbands

This is a little shout-out to my fabulous husband. Yesterday, I got hit HARD with a flu bug. I sent Spencer a text and asked him if he could come home, I was unable to function or take care of the kids. He came home almost immediately. He kept the kids entertained all day, did some dishes, made dinner (and chocolate chip cookies), and went and picked Cam up from a friend's house. He helped Cam with his reading homework and got the boys into pajamas and in bed at a reasonable hour. I'm feeling much better today and know I couldn't have gotten through yesterday without him. I love you.

Today is Emily's husband, Jeff's birthday. He is a great uncle and my kids love whenever he comes to our house. He often takes the boys downstairs and has them do "warrior training" complete with foot races, push-ups, sit-ups, stretching, and other fun things. He also took them on a hike behind his house once. They still talk about it because they found "deer tracks." Jeff is a good example and we're glad he's part of our family.

5 comments:

Jake and Amy said...

Happy birthday to Jeff! You are lucky to have such a good husband and family! :)

Jane said...

Hope you continue to feel better. It's no fun for anyone when the Mom is sick!

Emily said...

Thanks for your kind words about Jeff. I'm glad that Spence came to your rescue and took care of everything while you were sick. Hope you are feeling better.

Gma Tisa said...

Way to go Spence! You do a mother proud!!! Love, this little family...hope you're better, Natalie!

Kayleen said...

They are great, aren't they! We're lucky to have the hubbies we have!