Thursday, August 5, 2010

Doctor's Orders :)

We saw my doctor yesterday for my 32 week check up. He told us that we are at a critical 3 weeks because if the babies make it to at least 35 weeks, we're so much better off. He instructed me to become a couch potato! That does not mean that I am on bed rest...rather, that any chance I get, I'm supposed to lay on the couch, rather than sit. My blood pressure was a little high because the babies are getting so big that they are putting pressure on my aorta. So, if I lay instead of sit, it will help relieve that pressure and help my blood pressure stay in check. I was glad that Spence was at the appointment because I couldn't believe that my doctor is ordering me to chill! I can definitely obey his orders.

Also, starting Monday, I have to go in for 2 non-stress tests (NST) each week. Basically that means I have to go to Labor & Delivery where they will hook me up to two belt monitors...one will monitor the babies heart rates, the other will monitor if I'm having any contractions. I'm told this is standard when expecting multiples so I'm not worried about it at all, just wondering how I'm going to find someone to watch our other boys twice a week. My doctor will attempt to come see me after my first NST of the week so that I don't have to keep my regular appointment with him but if he's in surgery or something, I may end up having to go to his office on top of the NST appointments. Busy, busy.

My doctor talked a little about scheduling my C-Section and it looks like, if all continues to go well, it will be somewhere between September 3-17. When looking at my ultrasound, he said that they will be able to tell if the lungs are fully developed by the condition of the placenta. Once we know we're in the clear, we'll set the date and get these babies here!

School starts in 18 days for Cameron. Gavin starts one week later due to Kindergarten screenings and evaluations. I hope we can get them both started and in a routine before the babies make their grand entrance. We are all anxiously awaiting the start of school.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hang in there....you know it will all be worth it! You can do it!

whitney allison said...

I think you need to spend even more time on the couch than you already do. Thanks for letting me spend your romantic anniversary dinner with you!