Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello 3rd Grade

Granny Jane, Uncle Ryan, Aunt No'el, and Abbie, Avery, & Jette came to Utah to meet Miley this weekend. While they were here the boys got to go swimming with their cousins (twice) and meet Miley too. Gavin & Owen were very sweet with Miley and wanted to hold her and touch her hair & face. Cam was interested in her but knew enough to keep a little more distance. I'm sure they will all be big helpers in our future.









Ryan & No'el and family only stayed a couple of days but Grandpa Rick came down to meet his newest granddaughter and pick up his wife. While he was here, he babysat Gavin and Owen while I took Cameron to his first day of third grade! I honestly cannot believe Cam is so old. He was a little nervous until we got to the school. I thought it was a little funny when he saw his friends because he has such a laid back personality. All the little girls were jumping up and down, excited to see their friends. Cam & his buddies just said, "Hey" with little to no excitement in their voices! It's entertaining. I think he's going to have a great year.


Cameron had to say goodbye to summer a week earlier than Gavin will. Gavin still has a few more days of summer before he starts Kindergarten next week. Cam's last hurrah before school started was going to the Bee's game with Spencer, Gavin, Owen, and some of the people Spence works with. It's become a tradition each summer and the boys loved it all. There were even fireworks at the end. What a good way to welcome the school year. And a little birdy told me that Gavin and Owen get to do something with Grandma Tisa & Grandpa Dave on Wednesday as their last hurrah. Then we can happily invite Fall into our house. I'm looking forward to officially saying goodbye to summer, hot weather, swollen feet & legs, and an achy body because then it's hello to fall, school, and babies in the near future. (We may even have a date set for the Twins arrival by the end of this week. *cross your fingers*)

3 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

I love all your updating! It's good to read all about the babies so I feel like I know what's going on. And a date set??? That's awesome! You must let me know! And we must talk about Farrah! Do you not just feel bad for her??? And I cannot wait to hear you and Callie's take on Fat Lard in the Bunny costume...call me! :)

Kandice said...

Fingers crossed, fingers crossed!

BTW, Did Callie tell you I FINALLY got to be a Tew??! ;-)

Gma Tisa said...

It HAS been a wonderful summer to remember!