Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thanks Thanksgiving Point

I am almost 35 weeks! I really can't believe that these babies are so close to making their grand entrance. I had two appointments yesterday, one super-ultrasound and one with my doctor. At the super-ultrasound they measured the babies and said Baby Boy was roughly 5 lbs 9 oz and Baby Girl was 7 lbs 2 oz! That's nearly 13 pounds of baby that I'm carrying around every day, people! They did say that their weights may not be as accurate as in previous ultrasounds due to their ever increasing size, it's just more difficult to measure them. But the baby girl, who is in "top bunk", will be bigger than her brother. Poor little guy is just squished down there in the "bottom bunk." My doctor said that if the size of the babies could guarantee healthy lungs, we'd have the babies immediately. But, because we can't be 100% sure, we're going to attempt to carry them at least 1 more week and maybe even 2. He informed me that if I went into labor on my own (ya right), they wouldn't try to stop the labor, we'd just deliver. In the meantime, my ankles and feet are constantly swollen.

Last night, my good friend, Whitney, invited us to come to Thanksgiving Point to see the Gardens. She works there and was able to hook us up with a golf cart so that I wouldn't have to walk around. The weather was perfect and the boys absolutely loved riding around in the golf cart. We took the opportunity to feed the Koy Fish and explore the Secret Garden area. Of course, I forgot my camera. So here are 2 cell phone pics. It was a lovely night out of the house, exactly what this pregnant mama needed! Thank you Whitney!

1 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe that they babies are that big! That is excellent! You have done so well with this pregnancy, I think you deserve an award! Hang in there, it is almost time!