Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quick Update

Just a quick update for those of you who are just dying to know what's happening at the Styer house: I've been going for non-stress tests twice each week. Everything looks good, babies react great, just a little high blood pressure for me. Because of the slightly elevated blood pressure, one of the nurses told me I should not be doing much..."modified bed rest" she called it. So Spence has taken over cleaning and cooking duties and has done a great job. Luckily, today at my appointment with my doctor, he told me I could do anything I felt like doing, that I didn't have to be on the couch all day, just to listen to my body and do what felt right. And STAY HYDRATED!!!!! That's the big one. Doctor also told me that if I went into labor on my own after 35 weeks, we'd deliver! Only 9 days til 35 weeks. But we're hoping I don't go into labor and we can wait to have them around 36 or 37 weeks. I can see the end in sight and it has done wonders for my attitude.

Cameron starts school in 5 days and couldn't be more anxious. Gavin goes for Kindergarten Assessment in 6 days and then starts school August 30. We're so ready to be back in school.

We welcomed an adorable niece to our family on Monday, August 16th. MILEY GRACE was born to Emily & Jeff. She weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. She is such a cute baby with blond hair! She is so nice and pretty. She's fun to look at. She makes me excited for the arrival of our babies. I woke up suddenly on Sunday night at 1:30 while Emily was in labor. My babies were going crazy and moving around a ton! I decided they were just having a farewell party for Miley. I'm glad they'll be reunited soon. I'm sure they had fun in heaven together and they'll be the best of friends on earth too.

3 comments:

Kandice said...

Thanks for the update...I'm glad you're still doing okay. Hang in there and before you know it they'll be here! I can't wait to see what a Styer baby girl looks like! ;-)

Mendel Family said...

Okay so Logan was bigger than her in birth weight, but Miley looks chunkier. That is so not fair! :) All I want is a chubby baby, and I am hoping it will be Logan. I am glad you are getting so much closer! We are excited for you guys, and I am glad that Spence has really been able to help out. Let us know if you need anything, and once the babies come I want to help bring a meal for sure!

JandK Manwaring Family said...

So glad to see an update. Miley looks absolutely beautiful. How fun to have cousins so close in age! We'll keep watching for more updates on you and the babies.