Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Salt Lake City

Spencer had to go to SLC for work meetings yesterday (Monday) and I got to go with him. We went down Sunday and stayed in a hotel. My mom kept the boys. I had booked the hotel through Priceline.com and was super excited when they accepted my bid of $45. I went to the hotel's website (it was called Residence Inn by Marriott) and found that their rooms started at $169/night! When we checked in to our room and opened the door we discovered that it was less like a "room" and more like a "suite." It had 2 seperate rooms, a living area/kitchen and the bedroom. On the back of the door it was posted that the normal rate for the room was $275/night! Here are a few pics of the hotel...








While Spence was in meetings I went and visited my sister, Emily, who had corrective eye surgery Friday the 9th. She is still in a lot of pain and can't tolerate any light so we sat in the dark of her apartment and visited. I did take pictures of her but she made me promise that they wouldn't be posted on the blog. She wears dark sunglasses in the house!


Then Callie (and her friend) met Spence and I for dinner at a really good BBQ place called "Good Wood." If you're ever in the Draper area, try it out!





We had such a nice time together. Thanks to my parents for keeping the boys. They also had a great time and Gavin even woke up in the middle of the night asking for Granny!

5 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

Sounds like lots of fun! It fun spending time with each other without kids once in awhile! I can't believe your hotel room. Whenever I have done through any website I always get a yucky room!

Sandi said...

Bid Natalie Bid...SCORE!

Gma Tisa said...

You've lost weight! You look great! You too Spence! Miss you guys!

Julie said...

What a great hotel...I will have to remember priceline in the future!

Nicholas and Ashley said...

We too love priceline...Your room looks awesome. What a fun date.