Thursday, May 22, 2008

Spring Piano Duet Recital


Last night was the piano recital for my 19 students. They each played a duet with another student. It was quite a challenge getting them all prepared for it but the night was fabulous and everyone did such a great job. Cameron played with cousin, Oaklee and they did a really good job (I was more nervous for their number than any of the others). I had 2 students who were battling strep/high fevers and another student who had a minor accident that required some stitches in her hand and until the last minute I didn't know if everyone would be able to participate. But they all did and I'm so relieved it is over! By the way, I haven't been Cam's teacher for the past 6+ months. He has been taking from Amy Scarr who worked extra hard to get him prepared to play last night. She put in a lot of extra time for him and I'm grateful for all she has done to help him.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Cam, I'm so proud of you! You look so handsome and grown-up in your picture. I hope you and your mom will play your duet for me this weekend.
Love, Granny Jane

Brooke S said...

How fun! I love duet days! Or in our case - quartet days...