Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Same Ol'

I wish I had something exciting to blog about but we are stuck in a rut. Cameron is "off-track" so every day is basically a repeat of the day before. Today, however, we made some super easy cookies so I'll share that recipe:

Mix one cake mix (just out of the box without anything added), 2 eggs, and 1 cup applesauce. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes. We used a chocolate cake mix and added some peanut butter chips. Yum-O!

Cameron has to give a talk in Primary on Sunday. We found a great website for 2-minute Primary talks. The talks are based on the 2009 Primary Theme. The website is http://primarytalks.googlepages.com if anyone else can find it useful.

And one last thing--Callie has graduated from being a "Freshman" at her Cosmetology School and will soon be on the floor, ready for clients. (Her school has a really good rep and all services are double and triple checked to make sure they are done correctly (if, for some reason, you don't think Callie knows what she's doing). And it is CHEAP! If anyone living in or visiting Utah wants to schedule an appointment with her, get in touch with me. She is SO good at what she does. (She cut and colored my hair a month ago and I get compliments on it often.) Recently, Owen decided he should do Aunt Callie's hair. Here are a few fun pics of their session together...





7 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Sounds like us, I have NOTHING to blog about. :) I'll have to try the cookies. They sound yummy and healthy. Is it weird to have your kids on "tracks"? I think that would be hard as a family. Wish I was closer, I would totally have Callie do my hair.

Krista said...

It must be a blog rut that is nation wide. I really have to ponder each day about something to write. I am probably boring people to death. I love your blog!

Emily said...

Hey! I'd like to make an appointment with Owen! He's a killer stylist! :) Yeah for Callie for graduating onto the floor!

Jane said...

Those are some cute pictures I haven't seen before! I don't live in Utah, so I was wondering, does Callie make house calls? Ha,ha! I was impressed with Cameron's talk when he read it to us on "speaker phone." He is a good little reader. The cookies sound good, too. Do you make house calls and deliveries?

Damien and Ashley said...

I SOOOOOO AM IN A BLOGGING RUT!!!! I feel like we do nothing nowadays!!! I should come to Utah...
I am going to have to try those cookies! They sound yummy! Yeah for Callie! That's awesome! Pass that on for me when you two are in the computer cave. :)

Gma Tisa said...

I'm with Jane...I'll take 3 dozen cookies and a haircut please! And housecalls are a must! GREAT PICTURES!

Spencer said...

I wish I had a rut to blog about. Things are so new and exciting here that there wouldn't be enough room for me to blog it if I wanted to. We'd better get Adrienne on that so you know what's going on at the DuShane's.