Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Wonderful Christmas

We had such a lovely Christmas this year, mostly due to the generosity of my children's grandparents, aunts, and uncles. We had Uncles Chopper and Tom over for Christmas dinner and we spent some time in Blackfoot with the Tew Family. My kids received many really nice gifts. Santa Claus brought Cameron a bike...


Gavin a Spiderman Scooter...


and Owen a Diego Hot Wheel.


Spencer got a new car stereo, Natalie got new scriptures, and Callie got a digital converter box for the TV in her bedroom. (As a side note, Spence and I have been married for 8 1/2 years but my scriptures still said "Natalie Tew" on the front. I mentioned to Spence that I'd like new ones a few months ago and didn't think about it again. One day after work, Spence called and said he was going to stop and get my Christmas gift so he'd be a little late. When he got home he brought in a 2 liter of Pepsi and said they'd given it to him when he bought my gift. I had wondered if he'd bought scriptures but couldn't find the correlation between scriptures and caffeine so I figured I wouldn't be getting my scriptures and was really curious about the one gift under the tree that I didn't know about. Imagine my surprise when I opened that gift and found some beautiful scriptures with Natalie Styer engraved! I was thrilled. By the way, the pop was leftover from work...)

Both sets of grandparents gave us money to use on gifts for all so as a family we received a beautiful TV stand, a new camera, all but Spence got new coats (he got a new one last year), and the boys got new boots and gloves...which came in handy when we went to Idaho for the weekend.







Grandpa Rick got out his snow machines and we had a great time racing them through the field. Uncle Jeff made a snow fort with help from the boys. And Uncle Ryan came over with his snow machine later and his is super fast! Owen stayed out as long as he could but I'm not sure he enjoyed it as much as the rest of us. We ate a lot, sang a lot, played games, and exchanged more gifts. Ryan & No'el's family gave our family a Griddle, and the boys got some awesome toys (Cam got Moon Shoes and rarely takes them off, Gavin got a big truck, and Owen got a Thomas the Train set) and shirts from them too!

Aunt Emily & Uncle Jeff gave the boys play swords so they could become "warriors." Aunt Callie gave the boys Marshmallow Guns...which are so fun and the adults in our house may have played with them as much as the kids in our house!! Here is a short video I would title, "Fun with Marshmallow Guns."


Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Krista said...

Wow! Looks like great fun!

Gma Tisa said...

Christmas in Utah and Idaho looked like it was a terrifice amount of FUN! Loved the video. I think I need to Gpa and Gma some marshmallow guns. Great idea, Callie!

Jane said...

Yep, we all had a great Christmas this year. My favorite part is just all being together! Good post, Nat.

Sandi said...

First off, I loved the song playing in the background..perfect! Glad to see you are settled in Utah and continuing traditions in your new home. Have a very happy new year!