Wednesday, March 5, 2008

American Idol

To say that I like American Idol would be an understatement. The truth is that I watch it Tuesday and Wednesday nights, live...then I have to record the results show, Thursday night, because I have Sounds Choir practice. You'd think I could wait for the results until I had time to watch it...not true. Callie is kind enough to text me as people get voted off! I just don't want to be out of the loop for even one second.

I really enjoy watching the show when I know my sisters and mom are also watching. We call each other during the commercials to discuss the previous performance. We all agree that David Archuleta is the best but we also enjoy David Cook a lot too. A few observations from last night...Danny Noriega needs the boot. I cannot stand to watch him perform because I'm sure he's performing on the WRONG night! The boy looks, acts, and seems like a girl.

Because of his recent scandal, I can no longer enjoy David Hernandez. I'm sorry but it's just a little too much to handle.

I honestly enjoyed Jason Castro but I can't figure out why none of the judges mentioned the fact that his voice cracked. Whatever...

I think Luke Menard and Michael Johns think they are better than they really are. And Chikezie/Jacuzzi (as Simon called him) needs to cut his fingernails. Just an observation.

If you aren't addicted to American Idol, ignore this post and the poll on the side. If you enjoy American Idol, place your vote on my poll...

12 comments:

Tara said...

um so first off i would like to say hello. your family is so stinkin cute i cant even handle it!!! then i totally agree with you on american idol.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Love, love AI!! Jonathan and I always watch-it's so fun! I think Danny and Luke seriously need to go. I love little David and Jason Castro...but I am still not sold on the "rocker" cook-he just seems a little fake to me, but I guess he is growing on me?? I haven't heard about he scandle-I'm going to look it up right now. So fun to watch and I definately like the boys better than the girls this year!

Team Hanni said...

Alright, here's the issue at our house..... no cable (WAHHHHH!) This is the first season I have missed (I guess I didn't really watch season 1). Anyway, I was doing just fine with my 4 free channels until AI started again. I looked into cable/dish but won't be here long enough to justify paying for a year contract..... Ok, I'll stop whining. I have watched a few things on You Tube and feel completely biased about David Archuletta. He is sooooo good. I haven't seen much else....

Enjoy it for me.....

callie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
callie said...

i took your poll and i want jacuzzi off due to the following reasons: weird double uppper lip, predictible clothing, and the LONG nails!! so tired of seeing him week after week. he needs the boot! talk to you tonight :)

Jane said...

Just so all of you blog-readers out there know the truth, my girls MAKE me watch AI! They shame me into total humiliation if I can't join in their conversations and critiques. Not really, I'm a total AI fan!
Jane

Nicholas and Ashley said...

Hillarious I never noticed the long fingernail thing. I too love David and I think he is going to win it. I also really like Jason Castro his voice is so different he seems like a very humble guy. Nicholas and I get so excited to watch this also it is fun when there is a T.V. show that you get to look foward to watching. I also like the boys much more than the girls this year. I agree with Rachel Said we too talk about this pretty often.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

david hernandez should get the boot, just like frenchie did all those years ago!!

this year i'm having a hard time watching... they all bug me! what's up with that? maybe it's my being 9+ months pregnant and all... i don't know, but i can't seem to force myself to watch and i usually love, love, love the show!!

Kayleen said...

I Love Archuletta, as you already know. I have a hard time watching the girls. I think "Mesa, AZ" whatever her name is O.K, but kinda boring. We never pay attention to names, we just make up our own nicknames. Like "legs I covet" she's definitely the best of the girls. Couldn't tell you her name, but she's the super cutie with the afro.

Jake and Megan said...

We love AL it too! We like the boys way better then the girls this year. Jake can't even listen or look atDanny, he wants him voted off so bad. We both like David. Jake and I can't stand the way Paula claps.

Anonymous said...

So the only thing I know about American Idol (I've done pretty well on the past seasons, but not this one) is that it's really funny to see Natalie trying to read and send text messages during Sounds Choir rehearsal.

That's all I have to say. :-)

Julie said...

I love Archuletta too, but I have to say I LOVED the arrangement of "Hello" this week. I would go out and buy it today if it were a single.