Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our Pet Frog

When we moved into this house, the owners (we're renting) left behind their 3 goldfish in their waterfall/pond in the back yard. The boys have thoroughly enjoyed watching and occassionally feeding the fish. This afternoon Cameron came running in and told Adrienne (who is visiting) and I that they had to play inside now because they had found a frog and it was scary!

The frog had jumped into a window well and we decided that the frog may need help getting back to the water. However, I was not even close to wanting to touch a frog...doesn't that give you warts or something? Luckily, Adrienne was not afraid. She jumped down and picked it up, then carried it to the pond and set it loose. The boys were in awe. Gavin even touched it!

So we have 3 goldfish and 1 frog in our pond...at least for now!




2 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

That's a big frog! I'm glad the fish stayed. (I think you told me you weren't sure if they were being left...) I'm sure the boys love that. Mine would probably pull out their fishing poles and we'd have a disaster on our hands!

Spencer said...

Actually, I believe that's a toad :) If you'll notice the back doesn't have any ridges and frogs have ridges on their backs.