Friday, November 21, 2008

75th Anniversary


On November 22, 1933 my Grandpa Hugh and Grandma Marie drove to Logan, UT in a Model-T to be married in the Logan Temple. Tomorrow would have been their 75th Wedding Anniversary. They set a great example to all of their posterity about the importance of being sealed in the temple and always having a current recommend. Even when they were basically homebound and only left their house for Sunday dinner at my parent's, they kept their recommends current and had strong testimonies of the gospel. We all knew what they believed and what was expected of us. I think of them often.

2 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

Thank you so much for posting this. As soon as your blog popped up, I saw grandma and granpa's faces, and I immediatly felt something. How much we all miss them, but are so grateful for their examples and lives they led. I can't believe the resemblence between my dad and grandpa, and I see it more and more as time passes. These two are some of my greatest examples and are huge reasons why I am where I am today with my life. Thanks again for thinking of them this day and sharing it with us!

Jane said...

We have a great family and are so thankful for all the good memories and examples! I always felt blessed that our kids had the privilege of living closely to their grandparents and were able to be part of their lives. We miss them, but know that families are forever and we'll be together again someday!