Sunday, November 30, 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!

I love to put up my Christmas tree...the sooner, the better. I started putting it up last night after the kids went to bed and finished it this afternoon. Our tree is artificial and you have to put each bough in to the base one at a time. It's a little time consuming but I think the tree is beautiful once it's all put together. I put on the lights and any breakable ornaments and let the kids put the rest of the ornaments on the bottom half of the tree. Here are a few pictures of the process.

Half-way put together


All together


I was trying to take a few "action" shots of the boys hanging an ornament but they wouldn't hold still long enough.

3 comments:

Gma Tisa said...

What fun! The tree is huge...I don't remember it being quite so big. Don't you think it would be a good idea to hot glue that thing together? But that's Christmas...ahh, the joy of putting the ole tannenbaum together.

Damien and Ashley said...

Wow! Pretty tree! We always go up to Swan Valley and cut one down, so ours isn't always "full and beautiful" but I guess it's all about the experience of getting one...We try to find one as far away from Charlie Brown tree as possible...:)

Krista said...

I'm sad. We haven't put up our tree yet. I hope we have time soon. Your tree looks great!