Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Halloween Candy

My kids have been great with their Halloween Candy. Okay, I've been great at keeping them from devouring it all in one sitting. After trick-or-treating, I let them eat on it for a few days, then I combined it all and put it up high above the refrigerator. Then they'd get a piece or two each day. This morning Owen asked for a sucker since that's basically all that is left. I gave him one. Then I made the mistake of leaving the container of candy on the countertop. I came into the "computer cafe" (since Callie is living with us, we have 2 computers, 2 desks and our fouton in one room so we've nicknamed it the "computer cafe"). Anyway, I came into the computer cafe to write some checks and pay some bills. My children got into the candy. Here they are with numerous suckers. Many more were opened but uneaten. They got thrown away!


6 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

That is so funny! Your such a good mom---I was like, "Here's the candy...Hurry and eat it so I don't have to fight with you!!!" (or eat it myself...) :)

Gma Tisa said...

That is hysterical! They must take after you Natalie...Spencer would NEVER do such a thing! Ha!

Sarah Sharp said...

I love all the suckers in the mouth at one time. Great pics and great story!

Krista said...

Ha-ha. I love it! I put McKayla's candy up and then we all forgot about it. Hum...maybe I should get it down.

Julie said...

My kids would have done the same thing...I threw out the candy the day after Thanksgiving. Not for them, but for me to avoid it. I am still thinking on a date and will get with you too.

Emily said...

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! That's freaking HILLARIOUS! (LOL lots of times.) Thanks for the good laugh.