Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Run off some energy"

My kids have SO much energy. And they get bored when they can't play outside. In Idaho, our backyard was fenced and the kids would play out there for hours. Here, it's a little different. Our backyard is open and connected to our neighbors on both sides. We have a water fall and a pond with a few fish. So I don't feel like I can let them go out there alone for very long and I have (or think I have) other things I need to do most of the day. In short...they play inside a lot!

Saturday was a beautiful fall day. The kids were fighting with each other and I was at my wits end. My mother suggested that we take the kids to a park and let them run and run and run. So we loaded up in the car without telling them where we were going. When we pulled up to the park Gavin asked if we were there to "run off some energy." The park we chose had lots of grass, 3 big playground toys, swings, a couple of bridges over a small creek, etc. We played and kicked the soccer ball around for a while. It was so nice to get out with the whole family.





5 comments:

Krista said...

That is a challenge for winter. I know McKayla is already wanting it to be spring so she can be outside more.

Damien and Ashley said...

I'm so glad you got your computer back and it's working good! The park looks so fun! It is so cold up here today! I am fretting about winter and what my kids will do when it's below zero outside!!!

Gma Tisa said...

Now there's a fun day! Those are the moments that will live on forever in everyone's heart. Playing in fall leaves is also tons-o-fun! (It's one of my happiest memories with Katie!)
HAPPY FALL!

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

I love the pic. of all your "guys" on the bridge- too cute! Plus, you look like thirteen in the pic. of you. Am I the only one aging here?!:)

Jake and Megan said...

Looks like a fun day. I am sooo dreading the winter! My kids play outside alot, so I don't know what to do with them inside all day! Your boys are getting old! By the way you look so cute!