Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cam, Gavin, & Owen

It seems that I'm constantly updating this blog about the babies...how big they are getting, new things that are learning, etc. I guess it's because they change on a weekly basis. But, as this is our family journal, I need to make more of an effort to concentrate on my big boys too. We went to a Well-Child visit for them on June 15th. Yes, this visit should have been done closer to the kids' birthdays but since I felt like we were at the doctor's office multiple times for the babies, I just put it off. So here we are, closer to the boys' half-birthdays than their real birthdays, and finally going in for a check-up.

Cameron is a very healthy 9 1/2 year old boy. He loves to be outside, riding bikes, hiking & exploring, playing with friends. He has been such a big helper this summer with the babies. Sometimes Spence & I have to remind each other that he is only 9...we expect a lot out of him, sometimes too much. He has become our babysitter whenever we run errands, as the boys would usually rather stay home than go to the grocery store. He is RESPONSIBLE and we appreciate him a lot! He is 55 1/2 inches tall and 82 pounds. That puts him in the 85% for both height & weight.

Gavin is so energetic. He has no fear and sometimes makes me a little nervous at the things he'll try without hesitation. He likes to follow Cam around, explore, jump on the trampoline, and ride his bike. He is 48 inches tall & weighs 51 pounds. That's 80% for height and 65% for weight.

Owen is so brave. Before the doctor's appointment I knew that he'd be the only one that needed any immunizations. I talked to him about it before we went in and told him that he needed to be tough. When it was time for the nurse to do the shots she asked him if he could count to 10. She had him shut his eyes, hold my hands, and start counting slowly. By the time he reached 8, she was already done. He did not cry, whimper, or even flinch! I was so proud of him. He is 42 inches tall & weighs 40 pounds. That's the 70% for both height & weight.

These boys are growing up so fast. They keep us busy throughout the summer because we all like to have fun! I must admit I'm a little anxious for school to start so that I can relax a little. :)

0 comments: