Friday, June 10, 2011

School's Out!

Cam's last day of 3rd grade was June 8th. His teacher for the year was Mrs. S. Smith. One day Cam said to me, "Mom, I think Mrs. Smith is going to teach 4th grade next year because every time we talk about next year she says, "We are all going to 4th grade next year!"" I ran into Mrs. Smith at the school one day when I was dropping off a lunch to Cam (it had been a bad morning) and I told her what Cam thought. She laughed and said, "Yep, they want me to keep teaching them until Jr. High!" Unfortunately, she'll continue teaching 3rd grade. She taught Cam a lot and was the perfect fit for his personality. She was very positive and complimentary and only wanted the best for her students. She had each student walk down the red carpet on the last day of school and she gave them each a candy bar award. Cam was given a 3 Musketeers because "He includes everyone." What a nice thing...I hope this trait will continue into 4th grade.




1 comments:

Jane said...

I love the red carpet idea. I may have to pass that one on! Cam is growing up!