Monday, January 14, 2008

As Requested

Here is my 90-minute (or less) bread recipe. (This is especially for Jana...hope you at least try it.)

Dissolve 3 T yeast in 3 cups warm water and let sit for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
Add 3/8 cup sugar, 3/8 cup oil, 3 tsp salt.
Gradually add 6 cups (this is an approximate) bread flour.
Mix well. Put on floured surface and let rest 1 minute.
Shape into 3 loaves and put into loaf pans. Place in warm oven.
Then turn heat on oven up to 350. When oven has heated to 350,
set timer for 20-25 minutes.
I also made this recipe with Splenda Blend instead of the sugar and it was so yummy. I usually use white bread flour but have used whole wheat too. You can also use this recipe to make cinnamon bread (Gavin's favorite). Just shape dough into a rectangle, then spread on melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon...roll and bake as normal.

2 comments:

Gma Tisa said...

I will try this when the missionaries come over for dinner...they love stuff like this. Oh, but I don't have a big ole mixer like yours, Natalie, so maybe I won't!!! I don't know if I want to do it the "old fashined" way!

Team Hanni said...

YES!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I will try it. Sounds divine!