Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brrrr!





This morning it was so cold in Idaho Falls (and most of Southeastern Idaho) that Cameron's school was cancelled. It was -18 degrees but felt more like -30 with the wind!!! We had a relaxing day doing laundry and making peanut butter cookies. My sister, Emily, gave me a handy little tool for Christmas (a silicon cookie scoop) and it was our first time using it. The boys had fun taking turns scooping the cookies and then making the fork marks on the top. Owen enjoyed eating them.

6 comments:

Team Hanni said...

I wondered if anyone else got out of school today too. You are such a good mom to make cookies with the kids. I usually try to make a cake or something and let all the kids blow out candles like a birthday when school is canceled, but I spent the day in town going to Winco and other errands.... NOT fun in the cold.

I wonder if it will be canceled tomorrow?

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I can't believe how cold it has gotten there! Makes us appreciate the warm AZ winters. What a fun mom you are to make cookies-they look yummy!!

Gma Tisa said...

Those look great...I hope you saved some for me! I haven't made cookies in so long I know I will need some helpers when I get home and GET A KITCHEN!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

what a yummy way to spend a cold, cold day!!

Emily said...

Hey! I didn't know my cute friends were cookie makers! Glad you got to try out the new tool!

Julie said...

Cameron has grown up so much! I bet he loves cooking with mom. She's a great cook!