Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spinning, Anyone?

Okay, so I participated in my first ever spinning class this morning at 6:00 AM...What was I thinking? For those of you who have never been on a spinning bike or don't even know what it is...link here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinning_(cycling). Two of my cousins (Betsy and Monicka) go to the 6 am spinning class every week and invited me to join them. They told me it would kick my bootie and boy, were they right! The instructor kept wanting us to increase our speed, RPMs, and resistance and kept saying "You know where to go" as I was thinking, "Yes, off this bike!" I think Betsy could tell my bootie hurt immensely when she turned to me and said "If you stand up, it relieves a little pressure and makes it easier to continue." Great advise to any of you that may try spinning in the future. Anyway, I completed the entire 20 miles (a personal victory) and really feel great! I have a great appreciation and level of awe for those of you who faithfully attend a spinning class or two each week. I will continue and I'm sure it will get easier.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

.......did you ever know that you're my hero?

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

spinning would totally kick my butt, even if I wasn't 9 months pregnant! :)

Thanks for the post, I've updated for you!! :) You're keeping me on the ball....

Julie said...

I HATE it!! I tried it a couple months ago and am not a fan. You are awesome to try it. They say it only takes two weeks of it to get used to the pain!

Kayleen said...

Wow! Good for you! I have always been intimidated by the muscles and the yelling and the sweat. Needless to say . . I've been a chicken. Way to go!

Team Hanni said...

I have always wanted to try, but felt really intimidated by it. Way to go! I'm sure you are feeling it now.... I love that kind of pain.

Jake and Megan said...

I love spinning! It is my favorite exercise-for right now. I always have to change up my excerise. It feels so good to work so hard.

Gma Tisa said...

Man! I'm glad I'm older than dirt and don't have to be talked into trying THAT! You go girl!